Monday, September 28, 2009

Three Hundred Sixty Five_Day 2


Cuauhtemoc Mexica Dance Group 

I captured so many images this weekend it was hard to decide which one to select for day 2 of the 365 Day Challenge.  I finally settled on an image from the Cuauhtemoc Mexica Dance Group.                          (Learn more here )  If you click on the image to see it full size you will notice that the headdress is sharp but not his face :(  Lesson learned, when shooting wide open at 2.8 be sure the focus point is where I want it.)

Manual:  I read pages 65 and 66 Setting the White Balance and Custom White Balance.  Setting WB is easy enough for me - just make a judgement and turn the wheel. ( I should memorize the settings so I don't have to try to see those little icons in the bright sun). Custom WB is a bit more difficult. Taking that extra step to find a white object and import the data is time consuming and a bit of a nuisance for street photography or when photographing events like the Watts Towers Jazz Festival. I just put it on AWB, shoot in RAW and make changes in Lightroom when necessary.

2 comments:

  1. yeaaaaah. you're right. shoting wide open is hard. Great capture cynthia!

    ~Ari

    ReplyDelete