Monday, September 28, 2009

What a Weekend

I spent Saturday at the Watts Towers Day of the Drum Festival and  returned today for the Simon Rodia Watts Towers Jazz Festival today.  What a party it was.  Good music, good people and great fun.  


I chose images for this post from the Shine Mawusi troupe performance Saturday Morning. If you have a Facebook account you can learn more about SHINE Mawusi and the traditional African dances they perform.  You can see more images from the Watts Towers Day of the Drum Festival and the Simon Rodia Jazz Festival on my flicker photostream at  http://www.flickr.com/photos/cynthias_gallery/ 





S.H.I.N.E. (Sister, Healing, Inspiring, Nurturing, Empowering.  Mawusi – borrowed form the Ewe language of Ghana “In the Hands of God”.

I have a bunch of images so it is going to take some time to sort through them, make my selections and get them all uploaded.  Keep checking in to see more……

1 comment:

  1. Great capture of the movement in the second shot. I'd love to see more of this series.

    ReplyDelete