Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Huntington Library and Botanical Gardens


My friend Barbara and I spent the day at the Huntington Library and Botanical Gardens last week.  We missed seeing the Corpse Flower a.k.a. the Big Stinky but had a wonderful time wandering around the desert gardens.  (June is a great month for seeing the desert flowers in bloom.)  Later we strolled up the hill to the Japanese gardens and peeked in at the Bonsai Court.   It is impossible to see all 14  gardens in one day and we didn't even try.  We walked slowly and leisurely and when we got tired we flagged down one of the little trams and hitched a ride back to the car.  

Here is a link to some of the images I captured.  There are a bunch of them so you may want to view them in stages :) More time on your hands?  View the slide show.

A special thanks to my Cerritos walking group who gave me the heads up about the free day at The Huntington.  


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for letting me know about this site. I've always been fascinated by photography and the idea that a camera can remind us of the art of the real world. I love the cacti. You've got some interesting angles. I wonder how much of that is deliberate (do you have a photographic philosophy?) and how much do you discover after you see the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first photos were simply happy accidents. I remember thinking i wanted to "find" great images. Now I spend much more time thinking and planning before the image is captured. I try to compose in camera instead of doing a lot of post production work.

    ReplyDelete