Monday, June 1, 2009

Answers

This image was captured from the floor beneath the capitol dome in Sacramento, California.
Every week someone asks me if I have a web site where they can see my work, and every week, I shake my head and say no - not yet.  I'm sure some people who would be willing to model for me, take my lack of a web presence for a sign that I am not really serious about this work.

I still have so many unanswered questions. How do I get people to model for my fine art projects. What is the best way to get my images out - so people will be able to recommend me to people who want a special portrait of their parent, or their child? How much time am I willing to spend building a referral network?   When someone wants to purchase large prints, who will help me with some of the technical aspects of the work? (Do I really need to know how to create archival prints or cut mats?) Where do my travel images fit in with the contemporary portraiture and other personal projects I have started? How many hours am I willing to give to the commercial aspects of this work?

Although I still don't have the answers to all my questions, I've decided to take the plunge. I'm working vigorously on my website, and those of you who follow this blog will be the first to know when it's time to pop the champagne corks.  


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the launching of yr website, I plan to visit it regularly to view your outstanding images,,continued success and many, more hours of creativity!
    Carol Epting

    ReplyDelete